A series of photos that takes the idea of the popular photo app Instagram and brings it to the real world with oversized filters set up in everyday life.
See on design-milk.com
It’s easy to have the ‘printing is just printing’ mentality, but understanding the difference between digital printing and offset printing can save your company’s time, money and provide the assurance that your hard work and design planning will…
See on www.graphicdesignblog.org
Graphic design is a area that is certainly rising in choices for attractively innovative heads. Along with brand-new internet sites
sprouting up with the countless numbers every day, it makes sense that will now could be time for you to be considered a graphic designer. All it requires might be a inventive sparkle as well as a determination to take a position some time directly into understanding the programming required to turn your own layout skillsets perfectly into a a lot more technological effort.
Yikes! It's your first time hiring a professional designer, and you have no idea what to expect. It can be nerve-racking. A good designer should be sympathetic to this and take the lead by enlightening you on the details. But don't just talk it over on the phone; get it in writing! Make sure a designer gives you a proposal that explains each step of the design process.
If you've never hired a designer before, it might be hard to imagine how the whole process works. It's really pretty simple.
Let's say you've hired someone to design your logo. A typical scenario for this might be that, after an initial consultation call, your designer will present 3 logo designs for your review. Sometimes a designer will also include notes on the thought process behind each design.
2. There are billions of them in the world, like colors on the screen of your computer.
3. They will analyse conversations in layers.
4. You will spend the day assembling furniture from IKEA.
5. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging.
6. They hate each other.
7. You’ll come out the last out of the movies because you have to see the full list of credits.
8. They cant change a light bulb or without making a sketch.
9. They **** up all the tables with their cutters.
10. They rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say.
11. They will fill your house with magazines and whatever is out there that has drawings.
12. You never know if it is really an original or a copy.
13. They make collages with your photos.
14. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters.
15. They idolize people who nobody knows and speak of them as if they were his colleagues.
16. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes.
17. They ask your opinion about everything but they do whatever they want.
18. Everything is left justified, right or center unless they arrive late.
19. They hate Comic Sans with the same passion they love Helvetica.
20. They use iPhone for everything, because everyone has one.
21. You can not decorate the house without consulting them.
22. They steal street signs.
23. Always carry their hands painted with something.
24. They buy dolls unfinished for them to paint.
25. Everything becomes something other than what it really is: cards as tickets, cards as …
26. When arguing, you will be nicknamed like the OSX spinning wheel (not affectionately)
27. Do not know how to dress without consulting the Pantone book.
28. They hate Excel.
29. They read comics.
30. They want to save the world only with a poster.
31. You will spend the day brainstorming.
32. On vacation they will take you to countries that you do not know exist and have no beach.
33. Museums are their second home.
34. They know more positions than the Kamasutra.
35. They can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design.
36. They listen to music you have never heard of.
37. They can´t cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients.
38. They read rare books: stories of children, Semiotics …
39. When you are going to tell you something, everyone has read it in their facebook and twitter.
40. They have own iPods before you knew they existed.
41. The orgasm they remember is when they heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia.
42. They have their own shops just for them and there are the most expensive in the city.
43. They want to spend all the money in the Apple Store.
44. You will never understand their gifts.
45. They see ordinary objects and laugh.
46. You wake up in the middle of the night hearim them screaming “When is the deadline?”
47. They see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
48. They dream of the day nobody will make a single change to their designs.
49. They rather pay for a font than for a special birthday gift.
50. They are always sleepy because they work 24/7.
(11) Sponsor a Client’s Event.
Sponsoring a client’s event can get your name out to all of the client’s contacts as well as remind your client that you are a valuable resource to them.
(12) Offer Free Consultations to Potential Customers.
Sometimes just offering the free consultation will land you the job, however, sometimes it won’t. When a client meets with you, you already have your foot in the door, so I think that it is worth the risk (if you are just starting out that is). Continue reading